Created last year, the Atlanta Theater Fan Awards allow fans to voice their opinions about what they think is the best of the best from the Atlanta Theater season. It is almost time for the Second Annual Atlanta Theater Fan Awards, and in preparation for the awards, the Atlanta Theater Fan Award Guidelines have been updated to reflect new category additions and to clarify voting procedures.
Three new categories have been added to the awards, increasing the total number of awards to 21. The new categories are:
- Best Holiday Show
- Best Family/Children’s Show
- Best Musical Direction
The following guidelines have been clarified:
- Remounts of shows (excluding annual holiday shows) will not be considered for nominations.
- Productions must have at least two performances to be considered to be eligible for Best Family/Children’s Show and four to be considered eligible for Best Holiday Show, while the requirement of eight performances for other categories (four for touring shows) remains the same.
- Anyone who joins the site during the nomination period (or anyone who is already a member) will be allowed to participate in the nominations. Once nominations have been announced, anyone is eligible to vote, regardless of membership status.
- Fans may submit only one vote each, which will be enforced by IP logging or other electronic means.
2012 Atlanta Theater Fan Awards Timeline
- Nomination ballots available online no later than 11:59 pm on Sunday, July 1
- Deadline to submit nominations: 11:59 pm on Sunday, July 8
- Nominations announced and online voting begins no later than 11:59 pm on Monday, July 16
- Voting deadline: 11:59 pm on Sunday, July 29
- Winners announced no later than 11:59 pm on Monday, August 6