The nominations for the Second Annual Atlanta Theater Fan Awards were revealed on Monday, July 16. Several of the nominees have submitted reaction statements to Atlanta Theater Fans. These reactions are shared below and this page will be updated as more nominee reactions are received. Congratulations to all the nominees and thanks for sharing your thoughts!
“I’m so delighted to be nominated for Atlanta Theater Fans Awards this year. What’s particularly exciting about these awards is that they are chosen by the public. So it’s extremely gratifying to know our work at Actor’s Express is resonating with audiences.”
- Freddie Ashley, Fan Award Nominee for his Direction of Spring Awakening and The Motherf**cker with the Hat at Actor’s Express
“I am beyond surprised and thrilled!! Thank you for embracing and supporting live theatre in Atlanta…that means more to me than you know..thank you thank you. I’m grateful to Freddie Ashley, Jody Feldman, Susan Booth and T Bone Burnett for giving this gal the opportunity to play such interesting and diverse characters. Thanks for voting!”
- Kylie Brown, Fan Award Nominee for her performances in Spring Awakening at Actor’s Express and Ghost Brothers of Darkland County at the Alliance Theatre
“Thank you very much for the nomination. I am very flattered. That’s pretty ‘high cotton’ to be running in with Mark, David and Joe.”
- Jayson Smith, Fan Award Nominee for Best Actor in Play for Speed-the-Plow at Pinch ‘n’ Ouch Theatre
I am deeply honored to receive this nomination. It was the highest privilege to bring Mr. Williams’ world to life, and to do so alongside such profoundly talented artists. Thank you to all for your support of this production, and of live theater in our good city!
- Mary Lynn Owen, Fan Award Nominee for Best Actress in Play for The Glass Menagerie at Georgia Shakespeare
“What an honor to be nominated for the Atlanta Theater Fan Awards - and what great company I’m in! Our production of Lend Me a Tenor was a once-in-a-lifetime event in which the right, talented, and loving people were pulled together under the direction of a remarkable artist who understands farce. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to create a character as vivid and funny as Tito Mirelli. Working with Robert Egizio, John Markowski, Eliana Marianes, Megan Hayes, Kelly Schmidt, Karen Whitaker, Charlie Bradshaw, and the crazy Mark Gray, was such a fulfilling experience. Again, I am honored by this nomination and am grateful to those who nominated me.”
- Larry Ruth, Fan Award Nominee for Best Featured Actor in Play for Lend Me a Tenor at Stage Door Players
“What a sweet surprise! And how lovely to be nominated for a role that was so much fun to play. It’s gratifying to know that others had as good a time with Rose as I did. Many thanks for the recognition!”
- Pat Bell, Fan Award Nominee for Best Featured Actress in a Play for The Last Romance at Stage Door Players
“Fifth Third Bank Broadway in Atlanta is honored to have three of our productions nominated for Best Touring Show. Our goal is to bring the biggest and best shows from Broadway to Atlanta, and we’re proud to be associated with Atlanta Theater Fans and all the local actors and venues who have been nominated this year.”
– Russ Belin, Vice President, Broadway in Atlanta, Nominee for Best Touring Show (Jersey Boys, Memphis, Wicked)