Georgia Shakespeare announces the opening of One Man, Two Guvnors, the third show in the three-show summer season at the Conant Performing Arts Center on July 11, 8pm curtain. The show is directed by Drew Fracher. One Man, Two Guv’nors runs until July 27. Tickets are $16-40 including senior, student, military and educator discounts, and are on sale now at http://www.gashakespeare.org/, or at the box office (404-504-1473). Tickets include access to before and after show events (outlined below).
Georgia Shakespeare at Oglethorpe University is located at 4484 Peachtree Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30319. The show is performed in the Conant Performing Arts Center at the back of the Oglethorpe University campus. Parking is free and plentiful.
ABOUT ONE MAN, TWO GUV’NORS
“1M2G” is a laugh-out-loud mix of satire, song, slapstick comedy, and biting one-liners. It’s the Brits farcical take on Servant to Two Masters, and no one does a farce like the Brits! Set in 1960s Brighton, England, Francis Henshall, fired from his skiffle band, becomes separately employed by two men who share more in common than is at first apparent—Francis spots the chance of an extra meal ticket—but to prevent discovery, he must keep his two guvnors apart. Simple, right?
Artistic Director Richard Garner is in the show marking his first appearance on the Georgia Shakespeare stage since 2000 when he appeared as Fabian in Twelfth Night, directed by Sabin Epstein.
Georgia Shakes offers great several before- and after-show events, included in ticket purchase:
- Fountain Talks – every night
◦ Get the inside scoop on the play during this casual, informative session held on our picnic grounds 40 minutes prior to every performance. Insights shared and questions answered by professional dramaturgs and staff members at each and every performance.
- “The Head” mini-concert – every night
◦ Onstage band performs 30 minutes before show time.
- Talkbacks – July 12th & 16th
◦ Stay after the show and ask questions of the actors, directors, and designers on our renovated outdoor terrace.
- Cabaret Nights – July 25th & 26th
◦ After the show the terrace transforms into the hottest cabaret in town. Members of the company perform and entertain, showing a different side of their immense talent.
ABOUT THE CAST
The company of 17 artists and apprentices includes Allan Edwards*, Molly Coyne, Brian Kurlander*, Justin Walker, Courtney Patterson*, Neal Ghant*, Aaron Munoz*, Ann Marie Gideon*, Joe Knezevich*, Chris Kayser*, Armitage Shanks, Marcello Audino, Devon Hales, Antonio Mantica, Avery Sharpe, Patrick Wade, and Meghan Wallace. (* denotes a member of Actor’s Equity Association, the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States.)
Tickets start at $26 and are available online at http://www.gashakespeare.org/ or by calling the box office at 404-504-1473. Senior, student, military and educator discounts are available.
Also happening this summer:
The Frog Prince
by Melanie Martin Long
music by James Wooward
directed by Allen O’Reilly
Opening Night – July 1; runs until July 26
Based on the fairy tale from the Brothers Grimm, The Frog Prince is a fun and beautiful story about the value of integrity—a must-see for families this summer!